Tucker in Asia

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Preparing to depart Bozangeles

Today is the last day to relax in this comfortable environment of home; tomorrow Justin and I embark on a new journey, to places which I am imagine to be intense, new, and very different from here. I guess the population of Beijing is close to Bozeman's 30,000 residents but ahh....we shall see. Justin and I are leaving tomrrow for a few months hoping to see a bit of China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Laos. We are starting in Beijing and then heading south with a goal to end in Bankok. I'm sure we will visit all of the tourist hotspots but we are hoping to get off the gringo trail when we can to see the real, impoverished, developing, but colorful and vibrant counties. We have no strict plans (or any plans whatsoever other than to fly home from Bankok) so will just go where we feel like going when we feel like going there. I am going to use this space to write a few notes on our travels once in awhile, adding pictures when I can. So check back periodically, enjoy, and let me know what you think. And if anyone has any suggestions of places to visit in any of the selected countries let me know. tucker

6 Comments:

  • Hey Tucker-
    First of all, I hope your trip is amazing. Second, my friend who is volunteering in Kenya right now set up a blog site and it is great, so I am excited you are doing it as well. Have a blast and be safe! Becca

    By Blogger Becca, at 9:23 PM  

  • Remember guys get real bored looking at other peoples travel pictures. However, if you include good looking native women in every picture, suddenly it’s an exciting portfolio.
    Uncle Bob

    By Blogger Uncle Bob, at 12:33 PM  

  • Hi we missed you for Easter, kite flying was spectacular. Jack won the high flyer your dad tied a second string on, it was great. Thanks for calling G-pa he thought that was so nice. My boys start baseball this week and Jack is doing a 5 week track club with meets on saturdays. Pictures of you are the best to view!! Laurie, Joe,Sam and Jack

    By Blogger Aunt Laurie, at 8:37 AM  

  • Sounds like you having a great time. I can hardly wait to see your pictures. looking forward to hearing more about your travels.

    Dick

    By Blogger another Uncle, at 8:59 PM  

  • Where is our postcard?

    Elaine & Kelly

    By Blogger Elaine & Kelly, at 7:14 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Elaine & Kelly, at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home